Tuesday, September 4, 2007

1st Day Of School


My children are well past the age that I get all teary eyed on the first day of school, quite the contrary. It's nice to have the peace and quiet that comes when 3 teenage girls and their little brother whose sole purpose in life is to torture them, are gone for the day. However, I can't help but get sentimental at times, especially now that I've got a brand new nephew to love and spoil. In light of that I did this 4x4 using a pic I found in a magazine. I did the bkgrd just by smearing 3 different yellow acrylic paints on w/ my fingers. I cut out the magazine pic, glued it down and then gesso'd the whole thing using the edge of a credit card to scrape the excess off. Then I took my Gouche (gwash) paints and painted in the child. I then doodled and scribbled w/ markers. And there ya have it!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome. Love the story that goes with it. So sweet! Thanks for sharing the "how to".

- Michelle

PaperSunshine said...

Wow, this is fabulous. What a neat thought and way to express it! I really love how you did it, the coloring of the child's legs is perfect. It is inspiring me to do a scrapbook page of my 5 year old now!

Art By Wanda said...

A Wonderful piece!!

Name: Roberta said...

I like this too Lisa! *S* It reminds me of the picture that was taken of Jake and Janel when he was just a year old, Janel was behind him barefoot like in this pic.
I like the bee collage as well. That site I emailed you from Jane Wynn's site, had a cool bee necklace on it along with the cicada one I bought.. seeing your bee collage reminds me of that piece of jewelry.
Cool things you've done, sounds like a lot of work goes into each one.

Heather Robinson said...

What a wonderful effect you've created. It is a very evocative piece...admire your creativity!

K said...

this is so sweet! wonderful art!

Jill said...

This piece made my heart happy! I just sent my DS off to 1st grade this year, so the image just really touched me. It's beautiful.