Sunday, February 3, 2008

Poured Paint


This is a 12x24 canvas, and it's hard to get a good feel for how it looks in RL. I did this technique called Poured Paint, talk about FUN!!!! You simply add a gel medium to your paint to thin it out some, add a little water if need be, then tip your canvas away from you and pour away!!! I also splattered some paint as well. I think when I seal this I'm gonna seal it thickly with a thick gel medium to give it more a glossy finish.
Click on the painting so you can get a better look at it.

11 comments:

Passionforstamping said...

Wow, this looks really kewl. What ya gonna do with it?

Dianne

Sandie R said...

This is terrific Lisa. It looks 3D to me. Like a curtain gathered on a rod. Great art.

Inka said...

What a great effect! ... I want ta try! Now see what you did? .. another project for my list

Anonymous said...

It is really cool! It reminds me of a group of white birch trees. it is very 3D.

Rustic Path Gardens said...

That is really pretty. Looks like some velvet curtains. Great job and definitely looks like fun!

Kristy C said...

I totally dig it

Anonymous said...

my gosh what a great background. i really love it

Anonymous said...

This is very lovely - it makes me think of a forest of tall trees.

Linda said...

Wow that came out really nice. Great job

Julia said...

Awesome ! Great technique and I love the colors and texture !

Michelle said...

I'm so glad I kept looking. Now I know how you did it!! I think something like this will be my fun project for today!

This is gorgeous, too. The texture must be amazing in real life!