Sunday, August 10, 2008

More Inspiration

This weekend was Lake Geneva's Art In The Park. Not sure if any of you are familiar with Lake Geneva Wis. but we're a tourist town. Many people from Chicago have lake homes up here and weekends in the summer are just crazy. However, traffic and people seem to quadruple on the wknd of Art in the Park. Art In The Park consists of lots of watercolor artists, which was true this year as well. Of course a fair amount of jewelery, photography, glass wear and pottery too. This year, (she may have been there subsequent years as well, I've not been down to this for a few years) there was a Mixed Media artist, WOW! How refreshing to see something of that nature at a fair whose painters usually paint landscapes. She does similar things to myself in she uses papers, and vintage photograph images as well. It was just very exciting for me!
Also helps me to see how I need to step up some of my work too and I found some inspiration in her pieces. Her name is Mary Beth Shaw and she has some fabulous pieces on her website. Take a look if you'd like.

1 comment:

Dawn @ alteredartists said...

I was born and raised in WI, but live in AZ now. I found you off Kristy C's blog and always liked Lake Geneva! FUN!

~Dawn
A fellow Cheesehead