Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hello from the studio

I working on a couple things in my studio and something hit me that I wanted to share with you. Especially those of you that are scrapbookers and rubber stampers. Now I'm not sure if this is something that can be used in ALL instances, but certainly in many.

I buy tape runners, and refills and am always ever so frustrated when I run out in mid project. Because this has happened more than once I've had to resort to other things, glue sticks, Aileens Tack It and other things.

However, the least expensive, most cost effective and certainly the most adhesive is Matte Medium. I of course use it on my canvases, but have also started using it on ATC's, 4x4's, and anything else that requires me to stick things together.
Yes, it's a wet medium, but nothing a heat gun in between applications can't solve. It dries clear and you can put several coats of it on everything for doing layers and sealing things.

I have now totally alleviated the frustration of running out of tape refills and the mess of glue in a bottle. The other thing that is reassuring is that when I send out my artwork, or sell it I'm not fearful that it's going to come apart after it's reached it's new home.

You can usually pick up a bottle of medium for $6-$8 or more depending on the brand and size you choose to get, however, it'll last you a while.

Anyways, just something I thought I should share with you all.

No comments: