Thursday, February 2, 2012

Freedom at last!!!

Wooo Hoooo!!! Can I just tell you how Free I feel???? I have always felt that my gift for creating has come from God. Therefore I always just figured that God would make everything just come together and my art would sell and things would be fabulous! However, as most artists know thats not usually how it works. Over the last couple years I've become frustrated with art. I lost my drive to create because all I could think of was the fact that after I was done creating I would have this finished canvas that would just take up more space. What was the point in creating if it was just gonna sit here an take up space.
This last week I spent some time talking with a guest to our church, we were just chatting and my trouble with my art came up. She said perhaps Gods intention for my creative gift was not about the finished product, but about the journey of getting to the finished project. I never thought of it that way, how freeing this feeling is!!!

I am now in the process of giving away some of my pieces and when the mood strikes me and I need a canvas, I'll just paint over one of the finished pieces. From now on, my art is for the sake of creating, not for what happens to it afterwards. God is good!!

1 comment:

Carol Dobson said...

You go, Lisa! May your creating give God great delight!!

Carol