Wednesday, October 3, 2007

3 Witches 4x4


Ok for starters, I loath Halloween, not for any religious reasons mind you, simply because I've had to take 4 small children Trick or Treating all at one time. Any mom that has had to do this can empathize with me. It never fails, the weather is miserable (in Wisconsin anyways) and you have to figure out how to get a winter coat under a costume and the child is not happy about it at all. Then you get 4 houses down and one of them has to go to the bathroom, we won't even get into the logistics of that. Then 7 houses later someones feet hurt and they want to be carried. 10 houses later one of them wants to go home but the other ones aren't ready for it yet so you have to listen to that one complain through the rest of the trek around the neighborhood which is only added to the one that has to go to the bathroom and the one whose feet hurt. Then at the end of the night you have to go through and make sure all the candy is safe for the kids to even eat. All the while picking out your own favorites to eat yourself, thus gaining 10lbs over the next few weeks. But I digress, dispite my distaste for Halloween I had these collage sheets, so I thought it's the time of the year I might as well use them. The Wednesday Stamper challenge was to use the colors of fall, and I had this great paint scraping already done in those colors so thats what I used for my bkgrd. The collage sheets are from Lisa's Altered Art (link in the places to shop section on my blog). Thanks for looking.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Love the witches. Great background and colors.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This is a terrific piece, Lisa...I don't do Halloween much either but have been gathering some images to that end and will try soon. You did a beautiful job on this one. Hugs, Gayle

Hermine said...

This is stunning, really love it. And I enjoyed you story about the trick and treat. Haha, I so do recognize it.

Andrea, said...

Fantastic love the background

Audrey said...

Love your witches and the great background you made!

Anonymous said...

Good idea and wonderful colors

Viola said...

Wonderful work!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card. Really love it.

Sija said...

Wonderful! the witches are great.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Terrific piece, love those witches & the background is gorgeous!

Julie Allain said...

Lisa this is SUPERB I absolutely love it!!

Barbara said...

So fun, and I understand about Halloween and I can relate. Your explanation was funny though.

Angelina said...

This is fun! Love the witches!! Great work!

atelierlemonfrog.blogspot.com said...

Fab work...and the halloween-Story....*lol*....

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely piece -- great background and images -- and also your funny thoughts on Halloween. Enjoyed them.

Claudia said...

looks great even though you don't like Halloween! ;) Especially like the background.

Jill said...

Hi Lisa. Your 4x4 is gorgeous. I adore the background--the colors are so deep and rich, and I love the 3 little witches.

Dymphie said...

Stunning! Love the little witches :)

Dieverdog said...

well the artwork is gorgeous, even if you aren't overly inspired by Halloween! I enjoyed your tirade though... quite funny...you should write a column!

Gaby Bee said...

I don't do Halloween, but I love this witches and the terrific background!