Sunday, November 4, 2007

Birds Gothic Arch


The silver in this doesn't show up very well, so it looks much better in RL. Don'tcha just hate it when you spend time making something fabulous only to find that when you scan it to show others it looks lousy? Anyways, I did want to tell you about the lyrics in that stamp. It's a song from The Beatles called Blackbird written by Paul McCartney and in the last week or so I've probably heard it a dozen times or more because I've been listening to a movie soundtrack that it's on. I was so excited when I realized that on my new plate of stamps from Green Pepper Press that this stamp was on there. If you're much of a movie goer and enjoy musicals run to the theater and see Across the Universe. Awesome music, fabulous love story as well. Gets a bit trippy in a spot, but how could a movie based in the 60's NOT get trippy? Ahhhh it's good to be back!

18 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your arch, Lisa....The clips on the word image are a great touch! I love using those things. Great blackbird stamp images. Hugs, Gayle.

Anonymous said...

Wow wonderful. Love this color.

stampingbalou said...

This arch is a fabulous one - I love the stamp you´ve used !!!

Hermine said...

Beautiful, love those birds stamps

Audrey said...

Beautiful arch! Love your stamps!

Jacqueline said...

Very artistic look - love it!

Sija said...

Wonderful birds and arch!

Angelina said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, love the GPP-images.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Very nice arch!

johanna said...

these gpp are also some of my fav images! love the way you fixed the textscrap!

Barbara said...

Beautiful arch.

Jill said...

Hi Lisa! I love your arch for this week's challenge. The images are fantastic, and I love the colors you used.

Godelieve said...

Gorgeous!

Vintage Papers said...

this is gorgeous! I had the same sung stuck in my head - love it!

Crissi Harvey said...

Fab arch love the birds and the lyrics to song are a nice touch

carylsrealm said...

Very Cool! Love the bird!

Gillian .... said...

Love the depth of colour, the quote and bird are fab:)