Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rusty Things

Here's my piece for the Step Ourside Your Box Saturdays Challenge. It's done on a piece of canvas, about 5x7. I used my color wash sprays and distress inks to color the canvas. Then I stamped this neat bkgrd stamp that I got from Stampin Up a couple years ago but it's been buried in my drawer and I forgot I had it. I have since rearranged that drawer a bit to have some of the bkgrd stamps I forgot about to the top. The rusty piece on this is one that I picked up on a 17 mile walk I took last summer with my brother. I left w/ a small backpack, which when we started had 4 granola bars and 4 bottles of water in it. By the end of the walk, the water and granola bars were gone, but it was heavier than it was when I started the walk w/ all the stuff I found on my walk that I just couldn't live with out.

9 comments:

Kristy C said...

REALLY kewl Lisa!! I love it!
That rusty piece is so cool looking!

Inka said...

Love the layers and the rust :)) I just might have to try your challenge if I can only get caught up :))

Gerrie Johnnic said...

luv it!

Anonymous said...

looks great

Anonymous said...

That walk SUCKED!!! I was wondering when you were going to use all that rusty stuff.

Mandy Chilvers said...

great stuff queenie :-)

sandee said...

OK..we'll trade rusty car parts with whatever you got in your stash!!!

Great piece!

Anonymous said...

that really looks wonderful!

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

This is a great piece. Love the colors. They are yummy together. And the rust works really well in this piece, too.