Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Faces



I got some new stamps from Time to Stamp, the Pam Bell line. I'm not sure why this stamp spoke to me the way it did, and I'm not one usualy for zettiology type things, at least I think thats what this is called, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. In an older post I shared with you some pages I did for a journal that I made using a lesson from the Kaleidoscope book that I love so much. I've had these sitting here waiting for something, it just seemed to work for this.
As always I'm still looking at this piece and may tweak it a bit, the words seem to bold or something, I might need to tone them back a bit.



I also did this ATC, actually this is what inspired the piece above, having to cut out that face. It's just a really kewl face.

I haven't shown my husband either of these pieces. I can hear him already "I don't get it?". He tells me that about my work often, however, he's my best critic. By that I mean, his comments always make me take a different look at my pieces from a different angle. He gives me perspective from a non-artistic stand point. Not that he's not artistically inclined mind you, his artistic talents just lie else where.

7 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

Lisa, isn't it spectacular what we have in us. It sometimes is surprising! I think these pieces are gorgeous. There is storytelling and mystery in them. So glad you allowed yourself to explore.

K said...

I love this!!!!

Name: Roberta said...

I love the green face.. kinda reminds me of the wicked witch, can you do one that looks witchy?? *L*

Good stuff Lisa!!
XOXO
Roberta

Linda B said...

I really love the colour in the top card...it really draws me in every time I visit your blog

bockel24 said...

Love the "Zetti" one!

Anonymous said...

Lisa - I LOVE this - Di

Jill said...

I love both of these cards. I really like zetti art, but I wish I could do 1/2 as good a job as you did on your green card. I love the contrast in the red/white/black face card also.