Monday, September 10, 2007

My Crushes

In my search of blogs I came across GPP Street Team, it's a website all about inspiring your creativity. It's been around for almost a year now and this is my first introduction to it and my first participation with it. Each monthly challenge is referred to as a crusade, this is Crusade #12




It asks what your crushes are, not just people, but things as well.

I have lots of crushes, my children and of coarse my husband of 16 years is always going to be my biggest crush, however I'm not sure that's quite what they're looking for.


One of my crushes would have to be my Liquitex Full Bodied Artist Acrylics. I just LOVE those paints, I use them for almost everything! And I use every way of applying them to my artwork that I can think of, however, my fingers usually are my preferred method of application. There's just something about the different colors and the texture of the paints that makes me happy. I buy them a couple tubes at a time, and keep a list in my purse of which ones I already have so I don't buy duplicate colors. It's so hard to choose which ones to buy each time. Each color is so beautiful in it's own right. At one time I had a favorite color, but now I find that ALL of them are my favorite!

Another crush are my puppies, I have 2 ShihTzu/Yorkie puppies, they're a year old now and they make me laugh on a daily basis. They were from the same litter, and I didn't intend on getting 2, it just worked out that way. I couldn't be happier that I got the both of them though, they're best of friends and they play non-stop! Holly is the blond one and Lola is the black one. Aren't they just the cutest?? How could I NOT crush on them!





What would my art be without my music???



I LOVE music and I'm not stuck in one genre either. I love most everything and I'm always looking for a new artist to move me. I am into everything from Classical to Alternative, Opera to Rock, Jazz to some Rap. There is no art created in my studio without music, I just cannot work with out it. Just the way art speaks to my soul, so does music. Some of my current favorites are Marc Broussard, Vittorio, Colbi Caillat, Nickelback, and Staind.

But now on to the artwork portion of my crushes; ahhhh that magical aroma, that just wakes up all my senses, the richness that crosses my palette with every mind waking sip, what else but coffee. Not just any coffee, although, I enjoy coffee else where, just nothing speaks to me like a Latte from Starbucks. Even before you open the door the scent of it wafts out to greet you, it pulls you into it. You open the door and the aroma tickles your nose and makes your mouth water. Sad but true, I'm there so often that most of the barrista's that have been there for any length of time, I am on a first name basis with and they know what I want before I order it; a Grande, Non-fat, Sugar-Free Carmel (or Vanilla, if I'm in a "Vanilla" mood) Latte. Sure, in order to keep the girlish figure I've got to curb indulgence to fit it into my regular diet, but it's worth those extra few minutes on the elliptical to feel the warmth of that liquid gold coursing through me.


So what are your crushes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puppies, paint and music? Count me in. My other half worships the java too :-).

Suzanne said...

Ahhhh...coffee...definitely one of my "crushes", too! I really cannot start my day without it, and I even enjoy a cup of full-on CAF in the evenings (it doesn't keep my awake!). IMHO, a cup of decaf is like kissing your brother! And with half-and-half or cream ONLY, thank-you, none of that powdered creamer or plain milk, that's sacriligous! And the darker the roast, the better. When I get coffee at Starbucks, I usually just get a cup of dark roast but at Christmastime I looooove an eggnog latte! (no calories there--ack!) Up here in the Pacific NW we are blessed with coffee stands on every corner!

michelle ward said...

Lisa - what a great way to get to know you...by reading of your crushes. Following family - paint and puppies....and music and coffee. I'm with you on all but the puppies (although those faces are precious) Thanks for joining the crusade!

Janine Davies said...

Lisa... am with you on all your crushes... particularly the puppies! They are such a delight aren't they! Just love my boys too!